Abundant Black Health for Women & Girls
*Disclaimer: Abundant Black Health programs are for educational purposes in supporting your health journey and should not substitute guidance from your medical professionals.
The Abundant Black Health for Women & Girls Program cultivates sacred, loving, immersive space for providing information and resources to participants in the areas of physical, mind, spirit, economic, and environmental health all toward helping Black Women and Girls to experience the fullness of living a healthy, abundant, Black life. Please read the information below for details about the Abundant Black Health for Women & Girls program.
The Abundant Black Health for Women & Girls Program:
Is comprised of 6-sessions-long, holistic Health & Wellness Courses.
Each course consists of bi-weekly, 30 minutes-long Health & Wellness in-person or virtual check-ins among small groups of 3-6 Black Women and Girls age 13+.
Each course has a specific Black Health & Wellness theme and Abundant Black Health mails to each participant resources (i.e. health journal, water bottle, yoga mat, massage gun, incense, skin care products, toothbrush and floss, sacred crystals, books, candles) related to the specific course theme to support participants’ health practices.
Every other week, Abundant Black health experts email the following to participants:
- A Health & Wellness check-in video to serve as an example of a family conversation centering a topic related to the course theme.
- A template of questions to help guide participants' Health & Wellness check-ins.
- An inspirational health video.
- An exercise video.
- Articles, podcasts, and videos that are relevant to the course theme.
The following are examples of themes for our Health & Wellness Courses (listed in no particular order):
- I Love Me: Connecting more deeply with myself as I develop and achieve my health goals
- Girls to Women, Black Health 101: Basic health realities and health maintenance recommendations for Black Girls 13+ and Black Women in various stages of the life cycle
- Rest & De-stress: Ways throughout each day that Black Women and Girls can chill/lay our burdens down
- Sick: Natural care remedies and recommendations for a cold or flu
- Eating to Love & Live: Ways to achieve/maintain healthy eating
- My Reproductive Health Matters! Envision, write down, share, and manifest our individual plans for our own health and for the health of our family.
- Healthy Movement for Movers & Shakers: Exercise guidance for Black Women & Girls with varying levels of physical ability
- I love my SMILE: Ways to achieve/maintain dental health
- We Got Us: How to advocate for Black Girls & Women in healthcare settings
- Wait. LET’S CELEBRATE: Holding substantive space to share our own and each other’s health celebrations
- Healing My Mind: Ways for Black Women & Girls to achieve/maintain mental health
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic Is Impacting Black People: Sharing our experiences, grieving, healing, celebrating Abundant Black Life
At the end of each Health & Wellness course, Abundant Black Health hosts a health celebration for participants to meet other families who completed the course, discuss various aspects of their course experiences, and celebrate Black health.
Through our programming, Abundant Black Health provides sustained sacred space filled with loving expertise, encouragement, and resources from Black health experts to address the specific health realities and needs of Black Women and Girls. The cost for each course is a $48 per month with partial scholarships available.
Our Fall 2023 Health & Wellness Course entitled, "I Love Me: Connecting More Deeply With Myself as I Develop and Achieve My Health Goals" is SOLD OUT for both Women & Girls and Men & Boys!!! Soon we will open registration for our Spring 2024 Health & Wellness Course. Please join our mailing list below to receive course registration updates!